If you are interested in becoming a member of the LGBT Center's Outreach Committee, please fill out the Outreach Committee interest form.
The Outreach Committee provides resources and support to the LGBTQ community at UCLA. Committee members have a presence at various events throughout the year, such as Bruin Day. Duties include tabling and outreach event support. Volunteers are supervised by the Outreach Interns and the Operations Coordinator.
- Table across campus to effectively communicate the LGBT Center's resources and services to UCLA students and campus partners
- Represent the LGBT Campus Resource Center at UCLA events
- Help create, maintain, and stock LGBT Center outreach materials (i.e. restock outreach cart, make identity buttons, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- A desire to increase knowledge, sensitivity and understanding of diverse queer, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
- Ability to take initiative and be self-sufficient in the position
- Must be a currently enrolled student at UCLA for at least 6 academic credits.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must be in good academic standing for the term prior to selection and during entire period of volunteering
- Ability to follow instructions and accepts and applies constructive criticism with a positive attitude to improve performance